Saturday, June 29, 2013

the people, the place, part 2...



















You have no idea what this picture means to me.

It may look like an assorted cast of characters to you.

But this is my (Amy) family.

And it's the first picture we've taken with all 14 of us.

You wouldn't imagine the obstacles it took to get us all to this place, into this picture.

The thousands of miles traveled.  By plane, by car.

The whines and screams of young children being carted across the country.

And I haven't spoken about it publicly on this blog, but my father has a terminal lung disease now.  He must expend all of his energy carting an oxygen tank behind him.

It was a major victory for us to get him onto the beach and take this picture.

And for that, I am grateful.

I'd be a liar if I acted as though everything went smoothly without a hitch.
Our family is as dysfunctional as the next.
My heart breaks about all of the sin and brokenness,
including my own.

Nevertheless, we're family.

And we didn't let a little drama stop us from enjoying this place, and these people, together.
My parents

First picture with all six grandchildren!


Cousin Erik's first view of the ocean EVER.  















Alex seemed to love it, too.














Our crew on the beach.
Uncle Adam bonding with Jameson.

Burying Uncle Michael.






















My happy place, snuggling with my sleeping baby boy.

My nephews Trev and Ty.  



















Their legs.


"Okay, now a funny picture."





















The week was wonderful.  The week was exhausting.

























But I love the people.  And I love this place.

3 comments:

  1. Great pictures. I hadn't seen the one with all the grand kids t the beach. That's a favorite of mine.
    Pop

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pics. Thanks for sharing with others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a wonderful trip. I didn't know about your dad. Having all of the family together is such a blessing, especially when you're going through things like that.

    ReplyDelete