Saturday, February 20, 2016

8 is great...

"Mom, this was the BEST birthday EVER," she told me at the end of the day.

It started with a lunch visit at school.  We LOVE this girl.


Aaand it was ice cream day!

After school, we took Caroline and her best friend, Lizzie, to the children's museum in town and the girls had a blast playing.




Afterwards, we came home for dinner, cake, and presents!

Sweet Lizzie got Caroline the perfect gift, "Best Friends" necklaces!  They proudly wore them to school the next day.

I could not have hand-picked a sweeter friend for my daughter.  Thank you, God.
And the present she'd been hoping for and had NO idea she'd get.... Samantha, the American Girl Doll.  She was SHOCKED and so, so happy. (if you can't tell from her smile...)

We kept the actual birthday simple because we had plans to party hard with our South Carolina family this weekend, but I became sick and was dizzy and vomiting late Thursday night, canceling our trip.  We were so bummed, but we will get down there as soon as we can and make up for it! 

But even a seemingly simple day with a friend was MAGICAL for my Caroline.  I love how grateful she is and how easy it is to make her day.

Happy birthday, sweet Caroline!  
We hope 8 is great for you!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I came across your blog googling about my little girl who has alopecia. Her name is Eliza. She is 2. She hasn't had hair since it fell out at 6 months of age. The pediatric dermatologist tells us it is alopecia. I've had a hard year but seeing other children like your Caroline makes me fear the future much less. Bless you for sharing your story. Caroline is perfect!

    ReplyDelete