Wednesday, September 14, 2016

everything's a lightsaber...

It's been a great beginning to the school year.


I can't believe this little baby I was just snuggling with yesterday is now in 3rd grade!  She has an amazing teacher this year, and she's completely engaged in learning everything she can.  She loves to read, and I just can't believe how smart she is.

Here lies her first homework assignment of the year... left on the dining room table.  I knew she'd be upset she forgot it, and oh man, I wanted to take it up to school and bail her out.  But how would she learn responsibility if she was never required to exercise it?  So she faced the consequence of a behavior conference with her teacher in the hall that day, and since then, she's had no problems with returning homework. :)

meeting Ariel at a street festival
Caroline is continuing dance this year, though we switched dance companies so we could stay close to home.  (Our previous dance studio relocated across town.)  Last year was jazz.  This year she's taking ballet.

I'm also continuing to teach Caroline piano, and she is really gifted musically.














These two together are such a cute pair.  Their LOVE for one other runs so deep.

Of course, they've got the typical older sister and younger brother relationship... she provokes, he erupts.  He aggravates, she erupts.  

Ummm?...
 But they are a fun duo and they come up with some pretty imaginative play...

Buzz Lightyear!
Jameson's 3 this year, and he is also super smart!  He is home with me, except for one day a week, he goes to Miss Maria's house for the day while I work and run errands.  Miss Maria is doing a preschool curriculum with him, and he is learning SO much!  He and I also attend a preschool playgroup at the community center in my neighborhood.

Jameson would LOVE this car...
Everything in Jameson's world is STAR WARS!!!!  He and Caroline are geeking out on it BIG TIME.  They know all the little details, all the story lines, etc.  We are slowly showing them the movies, spacing them out and letting the anticipation build.  But they check out every Star Wars book from the library and study them intently.  EVERYTHING is a lightsaber to Jameson-- a chopstick, a straw, a stick, a sword.  (and he's got some actual lightsabers, too.)  There's no question who Jameson wants to be for Halloween, so stay posted...

I've been pretending I'm some kind of rock star and pouring into my band, Cabell St Collective.  (more coming on that soon...)



Marc is really enjoying having RUF downtown this year!  (more on that soon, too...)



So thankful for my little family and the beginning of a new school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment