Wednesday, July 7, 2010

at 2 and 1/4...

We used to give you guys the month-by-month update, but since we missed a couple of months, (too many other things going on at the moment!-- you understand...) here's what I'm like at 2 and 1/4 years...

  • Favorite things I LOVE to do: play with playdough, blow bubbles, watch Sesame Street, say/sing rhymes, go to a playground, color, DANCE like a ballerina (as seen in our earlier post), do "Ring around the Rosy," and be TICKLED!
  • "No! I do it!" is a common phrase around here. (this is both good and bad.) I want to do just about everything by myself: climb up into my carseat, walk to places (as opposed to being carried), wipe my own mouth and hands, brush my teeth, put lids on things, etc.
  • I'm still a great sleeper-- about 3 hours in the afternoon & from 8pm- 6:30am.
  • I am an expressive TALKER like you wouldn't believe. Everybody notices it. Not only do I talk in complete sentences, but the things I say are quite "wise beyond my years." :)
  • Other words to describe my personality right now would be: smart, polite, strong, "2 going on 8", extremely perceptive, SWEET, & fun-loving.


  • It's pretty fun to hear my voice distorted in a microphone.

(maybe I should be the next American Idol?? Now THERE'S a future career path for me!)


  • Leah is still my best buddy & I'm so happy she lives down the street from me.
  • If I don't get heard the first time I say something, I will repeat something louder and louder. If that doesn't work, then throwing myself on the floor is another good option. (oh the joys of toddler hood!)
  • When Mommy's having a hard day & starts crying, I'm a good empathizer. ("Mommy's sad!" I say.) She and I talk about how everybody gets sad sometimes, even Mommies and Daddies. I like to give her great big hugs and pats and say, "It's okay, Mama. I'm sorry I screamed." (even when it has nothing to do with me screaming! ha ha!)

  • I like to "read" books out-loud by myself now. And my memory is pretty impressive! As I flip through the pages in my Bible, I say, "Jesus makes us white as snow."
  • I know what sounds most of the letters make. ("B" says "buh"...)
  • I can identify musical instruments by listening to music in the car & then I like to act like I'm playing them!
  • I LOVE doggies. (I think it's because for once I get to be the big boss!) I instruct them to eat their food, I tell them to "come over here," and I like to give them gentle pats.
  • With all of the diet restrictions I have to be on, I rarely ever complain. At least for now. (praise be to God this is happening as a 2 yr. old as opposed to a 4 yr. old, for example!)

  • And better late than never-- I FINALLY figured out how to blow some BUBBLES by myself! Sure, it's still by making a "ffff" sound into a super-huge bubble stick, but it's provided alot more fun!
  • I can pull down my own shorts or pants, and am starting to help Mommy pull off my shirt.
  • I'm great being left by babysitters or in the nursery at church now. (Mommy never thought she'd see the day, but now I give kisses and say, "Bye bye Mommy! See you later! Love you!")
  • I LOVE my Mommy & my Daddy, and I know they love me.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. That was great Amy!! Caroline is quite a remarkable little girl. She is growing up. Thank God for that sweet little miracle!!

    We love y'all.

    Nanny & Papa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when she heard a violin playing on the car radio. I wasn't paying attention, but she noticed and said, "violin" with a certain amount of awe in her voice. She is certainly my American Idol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these milestone updates! She just might be reading a little early... I'm constantly amazed at how smart she is! Her comforting words are so cute. Such a sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you need to add "performer" to her list of personality traits! How fun!!

    ReplyDelete