Friday, May 13, 2011

at 39 months...

Life is really tough when you're a 3 year old gal, lemme tell you. TONS to learn about & tons to discover. (including what kind of tone and volume level is appropriate to use with your parents... ahem...) Here's what's going on in my world at 39 months...


  • I am ALL about trains right now. (particularly Thomas the Train, of course...) Mommy & Daddy picked up all this track from a yard sale last weekend, and I've spent hours playing with the thing. I like to re-enact my favorite Thomas scenes (from memory, of course).
  • I'm a gal who likes to have a plan. (hmmm... kinda sounds like her mama...) "Mommy, where are we going today?" is always the morning's question. My favorite places to go?? The VEGETABLE STAND to pick out a sweet potato for myself (ha!), the library, and the grocery store where I get to push a little cart. I especially like when the "vegetable stand man" (as I call him) gives me a honey stick to eat.

  • I looove my Sunday school class. Every week I come home telling Mommy a new story about Jesus, and this (above) was the craft we made for our mommies on Mother's Day. I don't know what made Mommy tear-up more- the picture I made or the way I ran up to her beaming with pride saying, "Mommy! This is for YOU!"
  • I'm starting to see words everywhere! "Look Mommy! I see a 'the'! And a 'it'!!" Words I can spell are: the, it, Caroline, Mommy, Daddy, can, car, cat, God, & bat.
  • I can count to 30. Well, probably 29, because I usually say "twenty-ten" after 29.

  • Okay, so we've just entered the dress-yourself phase, as demonstrated by this lovely ensemble I picked out. (don't you love the backwards pants?) I'll still let Mommy pick out my clothes to go out, but I'm getting particular about wanting to put them on by myself. (and if I can't get them on, there is much frustration and crying, you understand...)
  • The questions have certainly begun. "Why?" "Why, Mommy?" "Why do trees grow in the ground?" "Is God here in our house right now?" I have always been an extremely perceptive and verbal gal, so it's no wonder the questions have started early.
  • You know, when you're 3, things MUST go a certain way. And when they don't, the world falls apart. At least that's what I think.

  • Remember our poop-on-the-potty chart?? Proud to report I'm flying right on through it now! Woohoo!
  • I sang at church for the first time last Sunday on Mother's Day. I sang the first verse of "I am Jesus' Little Lamb" beautifully.

  • Need I say more? :)

Learning, learning, learning and being loved, loved, LOVED. It's a pretty good life if you ask me...
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Caroline, you are sooooo smart! I love the pics, Mommy. Love ya'll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is so good to enjoy (from afar) caroline growing up and y'all's continuing growing into parenthood. so much to see...so much to do....for everybody!! love to you all!

    ReplyDelete