Saturday, August 17, 2013

pancakes, anyone?

What a morning, y'all.

 Here was the scene at my door this morning.

(I honestly don't care if they wear shoes in my house.  Someone just started a trend.)

It was a Welcome Back RUF Pancake Breakfast at our place.

It was amazing.

Mostly because I had nothing to do with it.  :)


Seriously!  Thanks to these wonderful, culinary-ily gifted students of ours,

I didn't hardly lift a finger!  

(except to snap a few photos, that is)


While my kids were well taken-care of,

I was able to enjoy meeting so many new students

and catch up with the old. 

I think we're going to have some awesome freshmen,

just praying they'll "stick!"


Thanks to our kitchen remodel last summer,
our place nicely hosted the 55+ students that came.

(though there wasn't a whole lot of wiggle room...)

Above was the scene in the kitchen,

 while a whole pile of students lined up on the porch to my right,

 and yet another group filled up the living room to my left.

 The yummy spread!

 It was so cool to host students as far as New Guinea and South Africa...

 It was even cooler that the new freshmen outnumbered our current students today!  

(a couple of them asked me, "So, what is RUF exactly??"  
Oh, the joys of the first week of college- you don't have a clue where you are!)

This gal certainly loved the chocolate chip pancakes.

A handful of freshmen gals. 

 He didn't mind it.

 She loved it.

It was a great time all around.

RUF starts this Thursday night!

Pray that many will come as we study the book of Romans this semester.
Pray that all of these freshmen will come and find a community
where they can find deep friendship,
understand grace in a new way, or for the first time ever,
and serve others for the glory of God.



No comments:

Post a Comment