Monday, August 5, 2013

tubes...

Ear tubes are in!  It's finally over!

Please, please, God.  Please let these tubes stop (or at least slow down) the ear infections now.

Everyone said this surgery was going to be quick and easy.

And it was!

The worst part was probably when he woke up at 3:30am ready for his normal feeding and I couldn't give him anything.  Poor guy didn't know what was happening to him, and it's not like I'm going to get a blissful night's sleep listening to my baby screaming across the hall... that's pretty tortuous for any parent.

Don't know what time he finally gave out, but when my alarm went off at 5:30, it felt like I hadn't slept a wink.  Nevertheless, it was go time!


Doc, give me these tubes!  (in the waiting room)

And no more than fifteen minutes after they took him in...

He was in my arms, fussy and groggy, but still waving at Daddy.  (I'm glad the nurse forewarned me that babies scream when they wake up from anesthesia!)


This little gal didn't want to be anywhere NEAR the surgery.  She was afraid her brother would get a shot and cry, and that would be enough to do her in.  (sweet sister)

So, thankfully some new friends from church stepped in to give Caroline the playdate of her dreams-- drawing, going to the park with their 5 yr. old nephew, eating lunch at Chic-Fil-A (including ice cream), and shopping for stickers and glue at the Dollar Store.  :)  I couldn't be more grateful for them, especially getting up that early in the morning on their day off work!  They provided Marc, Jameson, and I the chance to come home and get some much needed sleep.


With a few naps on and off throughout the morning, by mid-afternoon, this guy was back to normal!  Crawling, smiling, and pulling up on everything!  I couldn't believe his energy, so I snagged a quick video while he was in his jumper:


Praise God for a quick and easy surgery!  Now we pray they will do their job!

No comments:

Post a Comment