Monday, October 22, 2012

a musician's life...

Just in case you've been wondering why there have been no recent blog posts, it's because...


my big concert is less than 2 weeks away!!!

Next Friday evening, my string quartet will be performing in downtown Lynchburg, VA, at the James River Conference Center @ 7:30pm in an entire concert, "Date Night! with Strings Attached" by ourselves!  (you can get ticket information HERE.)

The first half of the concert, we'll be performing Dvorak's American Quartet.  And the second half of the program-- oh, the second half-- will be lots of fun, contemporary songs perfect for a lounge-y feeling concert... "Don't Stop Believin'" by Journey, Adele's "Rolling in the Deep," Coldplay's "Viva La Vida," "Sweet Dreams are Made of These" by the Eurythmics, "Hallelujah" by Leonard Cohen (and many more) and we're saving the best for last-- Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody!"

Needless to say, I'm SUPER excited.  And our quartet is working super hard.  (another day I'll explain why this concert is going to be miraculous when it finally happens...it's been quite the journey with the four of us!...)

But right now?  Everything in my LIFE is revolving around this concert!  In addition to being a wife, stay-at-home mommy, worship director, and RUF wife, adding the "rock star musician" role is getting to be a little insane for me.  he he....

From three long rehearsals a week to transcribing violin parts and changing out strings to practicing on my own to shopping for my 2 (!!) concert outfits, this is taking over my life!  (in a good way, right?)  It's very exciting, and I hope all of you in town will come out and cheer us on (student tickets are only $5!), but I must say I'll be somewhat relieved when it's all over, too.  :)

And I think how, in God's providence, the birthmommy picked the other family last month.  My heart is SO much better than it was, and I am not feeling the weight of grief like I did initially.  (perhaps because I'm way too busy to...)  The baby was born two weeks ago, and he will probably be placed with his new adoptive parents this week or next.  I can't begin to imagine what life would have looked like for us with a newborn this week, (though I obviously would've dropped everything and anything if it had worked out) so perhaps even the timing is God's grace to us.  Who knows.

I'm trusting my Father ultimately knows what is for my best.  And when the time comes and we're supposed to adopt a baby, nothing is going to thwart His plan, right?

So in the meantime, it's time to throw myself into MUSIC!  Get ready for a fun evening next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment