Friday, September 4, 2015

weary...

Marc meeting with student small-group leaders
The semester continues.

We're only two weeks in, and so far it's going really well!  Our student ministry team is catching the vision and taking ownership of this group more than we've seen in previous groups.  As we're pouring into them, they're pouring into others, and it's exciting to see the relationships being formed, even among students who would have never been friends ordinarily.

As I'm caring for my children, leading our church worship team, and hosting college students here in Virginia, I suppose things are going pretty well!  But right now, my heart is most definitely in Texas.

After the scare in the ICU, my dad was continuing to recover at a rehab hospital when just a few days ago, his oxygen suddenly dropped dangerously low AGAIN.  He was rushed BACK to the ER, where it appears he's now experiencing rejection issues with his transplanted lung.  At this point, the doctors are treating the rejection with heavy-duty antibiotics and steroids, and hopefully all will respond and he'll be on his way again towards recovery.  But all this throws yet another obstacle in the way of recovering from his knee replacement surgery.

My dad's been in the hospital going on a month now.  At one point, we didn't know if he was going to live.  And then things begin to improve, and we're back to square one again.

I know Dad is physically and emotionally weary.  So is my Mom.  (So am I.)  This keeps going on and on.  Here's a man with numerous post-graduate degrees, and his biggest accomplishment today would be to sit at the edge of his bed for 20 minutes.  It's heartbreaking to hear your usually strong father breaking down crying to you over the phone.  (I know the heavy steroids are contributing to his very real feelings.)   You can pray for his mental and emotional state right now as he just wants to go HOME and all this to go away.

One of my dearest old friends in Texas, Ellen, who herself has experienced a parent with severe medical issues in recent years, blessed our family when she called in and treated us to a FEAST of our favorite indian food last night.  Yummmm! Such a thoughtful and delicious treat.  Thank you for caring for us, my sweet friend!

Thank you to so many of you who have prayed for my family during this past crazy month.








No comments:

Post a Comment