Thursday, August 13, 2009

crabtree falls...


Check out this set-up-- I'm a hiking gal! (thank you, Jay & Jackie, for lending us the toddler backpack!)


Our family hiked to Crabtree Falls today & I had the best seat in the house. We talked & sang our way up the trail as it wound along a beautiful set of waterfalls. I got lots of smiles from folks who were also hiking their way up or down.


(Here's just one of the many viewpoints of the falls along the trail. Wow! And THIS is one hour from our house!?! We still can't believe it...)


When we reached the top of the waterfalls, there were gorgeous overlooks (pictured up top) and I got to dip my toes in the cold running streams of water.


Remember Alyssa from last year? She was a student in our RUF group in Texas, and she's practically family to us now. :) This is the 2nd summer she has flown out to Virginia to see us! We are having so much fun with her here. It's so fun to have a little "piece of home" come & visit!


What an amazing place. And we're so blessed to be able to enjoy it TOGETHER.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun place! I like putting my toes in water too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful place. I'm glad you all are there to enjoy it. I'm glad Caroline can enjoy it. Thank God for His wonderful blessings of creation.

    Love Y'all,

    Nanny & Papa

    ReplyDelete