Thursday, November 5, 2009

daddy's ode to the swine flu...

SWINE FLU, be not proud,
though you are scary on tv.

Mighty and dreadful? I don’t think so.
For, you, dear SWINE FLU, lack consistency.
Low fever, high fever, or no fever- which will it be?
Scratchy throat or a muscle ache,
A cough that is dry, a cough that seems fake.
Oh my chest is tight, but I cannot wheeze.
Waves of nausea is now my disease.
I feel better, wait, no I don’t. Will you go away, Swine?
No, of course you won’t. But, I know just what to do,

Rest and take doses of Tamiflu!
Oh, fickle SWINE FLU, go back to the SWINE.

Go drown in the sea so we all will be fine!


2 comments:

  1. ha ha ha...do any of you feel better yet? I have my H1N1 immunization finally! Went this morning at work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you all are feeling better. I've got something, but I don't think it's the swine flu. Just have to wait it out and take whatever makes you feel better. Spend time resting and drinking plenty of liquids. Sounds like something my mama told me.

    Love y'all

    Nanny & Papa

    ReplyDelete