Tuesday, December 21, 2010

lessons & carols...


This past Sunday, our church, Mercy Presbyterian, had a traditional Lessons & Carols service, where there are 9 scripture readings telling the Christmas story throughout scripture (the "lessons") each followed by a corresponding Christmas carol.

Can I just say it was AWESOME!?! (Here's the bulletin.) Walking thru the story of how the plan of the Gospel was promised in Genesis (Gen. 3:15), how Christ's birth was foretold in the Old Testament, and how Christ's birth was THE hope for all of creation was so powerful and worshipful. It was wonderful to see so many of our church members participate in various ways-- either as readers of the lessons or as musicians leading the congregation.


As the worship team leader of such a small, new church plant, (we probably have between 100-120 a week?? Just a guess...) I am SO impressed at all the musical talent in our midst! It was quite the labor of love to write out all the string quartet parts to each song and then arrange it all together with the rest of the instruments, but all of the hours of work were sooo rewarding in the end!


And you just thought I only played violin & viola.... :)


I love my team! (made up of some of our RUF students & church members) More than just great musicians, they're like family. I am so blessed to be able to worship alongside them. They are a wonderful group of people and I couldn't be more proud! Can't wait to do it again next Christmas!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the pictures. Wish we had sound with them. I'm so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures! I wish I could have been there. Sarah & Anna told me all about it though. It sounded like such a beautiful service. You're amazing Amy!

    ReplyDelete