Wednesday, August 1, 2012

date night! with strings attached...

This has been in the works for awhile, but it's time that I tell you guys about it.  I'm SOOOO excited to announce that our local symphony is sponsoring our string quartet to put on an entire concert by ourselves!!


The concert, entitled "Date Night! With Strings Attached" will be on Friday evening, November 2nd, in downtown Lynchburg.  It's going to be a lounge-y feel, and there's even going to be onsite babysitting for the kids.

I would love, love, LOVE to have a cheering section full of you guys who can make it.  (here's some info about it on our symphony's website)


The entire concert will feature just the four of us, so it's a pretty big deal!  We've already begun practices.

The first half will look more like a classical chamber concert.  We'll be playing Dvorak's American quartet (it's great- listen to it on youtube!).   And the second half?  You'll love.  It'll be contemporary songs beloved by Americans.  Songs like Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody, Adele's Rolling in the Deep, Train's Hey Soul Sister, the Eurythmics' Sweet Dreams are Made of These, and much, much more!  It's going to be AWESOME.  Mark. my. words.

You're looking at a few of the pictures in a photoshoot we did in something like 104 degree heat!! (thankfully you can't see how much we were dripping with sweat...)


This one was the final shot that we all agreed upon for the brochures.

If ever there's a concert of mine to come to, THIS one is it!  I'll keep you guys posted as it gets closer on how to order tickets, etc.

Mark your calendars for Friday, November 2!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. That is so exciting!!! I'll make SURE to be there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would travel across the country for this. I am sad to live so far away. This sounds amazing and we LOVE date nights! Super cool that you have this opportunity. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to try to be there. So proud. Am I allowed to say that you look especially beautiful in that gorgeous dress and shoes?

    ReplyDelete