At two months:
- You are the smallest, sweetest little boy. You now weigh 10 lbs, 6 oz (up from 6 lbs 2 oz at birth!), so you're feeling sooo big to Mommy and Daddy, but still look tiny to everyone else.
- You've gone from screaming during baths to just scowling and being quiet. I'll chalk that up as a point for me.
- Because your silent reflux causes lots of nasal congestion, Mommy and Daddy have to suck out your snot quite a number of times a day. It used to send you into hysterics. Now you smile at us as we do it, as if to say "ahh, thanks guys."
|Here was your sister, Caroline, at 2 months. |
She had a big move from Texas to Virginia at your age!
- We love your "sweet" time right after you eat. This is when you really start flashing your charming smiles and trying to "talk" to us. It's our favorite part of the day.
- You are eating about 3 oz. of formula every 2-3 1/2 hours. This means you are also sleeping at night for only 2 1/2- 3 1/2 hours at a time... um yeah. Fortunately, Mommy and Daddy rotate the feedings at night, but boy, we are READY for you to start sleeping longer!
- Your big sister, Caroline, is a caring little mama to you. (well, except when she likes to taunt you in her 4 year old ways as pictured here... I'm really sorry, buddy. I couldn't help but snap a picture.) At your slightest whimper, she'll be sticking a paci into your mouth (whether you want it or not) or pulling you out of your seat from a deep sleep just to smother you with kisses. So it makes sense why the jury is still out on whether or not you're as crazy about her...
(Speaking of crazy...)
Okay, not really.
We love her. You will, too, Jameson.
- Your silent reflux is doing better since we switched you to a hypoallergenic formula that is already broken down and goes through your system faster. The doctor also started you on a little Zantac and we thicken your bottles with rice cereal to weigh it down (so it doesn't come back up!). We keep you elevated after feedings, and those things have all seemed to help in the past week.
- Because of the reflux, you sleep upright in your bouncy seat next to our bed at night. During the day, though, you loooove a good nap on your belly.
It's been an amazing two months with you, Jameson. Welcome to our little family.