Friday, July 26, 2013

talking to preschoolers about alopecia...

Well, almost a year later, I've rummaged around to see what videos were lingering on my video camera, and I found this little "ditty" I thought I'd share with you guys.

It was my first time ever speaking to Caroline's preschool class about alopecia as school was beginning last August.  (at Caroline's request)

Sounds ridiculous, but I was really nervous about this!  I'm not exactly an old pro when it comes to public speaking about alopecia!  Not quite ready to be a spokeswoman for it, although by default, I've sort of been thrown into that role.  I didn't know what to expect from the kids, and I didn't want it to be embarrassing to Caroline, either.  As you'll see, the 4 yr olds were pretty quiet about it, but several of their parents later thanked me for coming and explaining, so apparently the point got across!


No comments:

Post a Comment