Friday, December 21, 2012

a sleep-deprived lament...

Oh my.  Feeling especially ragged and sleep deprived.


How can something so little get SO much sleep, yet simultaneously wear us down SO much?


Thankfully he's oh so cute and sweet.

But we're so, soooooo tired.  Up around the clock with baby Jameson every two & half hours.  Thankfully Marc and I can rotate feedings... he takes a shift, then I take a shift, etc.  My hat is OFF to those of you who breastfeed every night with no help.  I honestly don't know how you function.


Is there a way to package up sleep for a Christmas present??  :)  And how, HOW, do people do life with two or more children?  I'm feeling a little like I'm drowning sometimes trying to balance it all.

And I'm so grateful my husband has been around to help thus far since the semester has ended.  How do women do it solo?  I feel like such a wimp.  I can't even think about how I'm going to survive without him once he goes back to work...

Having a newborn is so, so wonderful... snuggles and cuddles and cuteness GALORE.

But man.  It's also physically so, so demanding.

(Loads of caffeine and an ungodly amount of Parenthood episodes are helping us to cope at this point...)


But then, I take one look at this little guy and it's alllllllll good.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Lol! That's why the onesie I bought for Erik's first Christmas said, "All mommy wants for Christmas is a silent night!" It's brutal, huh? Brutal but totally worth it! I feel for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know in austin it's possible to hire a night nurse...probably somewhat pricey, but maybe a good gift for you and marc to give each other. i think 1-2 kids is about as hard (harder in some ways) as 0-1 kid. those first 6-8 weeks just kick you in. the. butt!! prayers for you all!! love, e

    ReplyDelete