Sunday, September 21, 2008

the beauty of adoption...

Today at our church, Marc preached a sermon on adoption, and it made me (Amy) take a look back and remember the AMAZING days surrounding Caroline's birth. So, here's a look back at some "never-before-seen" pictures from those days... :) Thanks for reminiscing with me...


Aaaaaahhhhh!!! I can't believe I'm getting ready to go "have" a baby this morning!!! (Megan, Caroline's birthmother, allowed us to be in the room at Caroline's birth and Marc cut the cord!) You can't even imagine how surreal this felt...


For 2 days after Caroline's birth, we enjoyed time in the hospital with Caroline, Megan, Megan's mom, Tricia, and Amy's family. It was such a special time for all of us to come together and surround this precious baby that we all love. Megan & Tricia, we miss you guys so much & can't wait to see you when we're in Texas in December!


48 hours after the birth, Megan signed her relinquishment papers and we signed our adoption paperwork. (It was extremely emotional, as you can imagine...) This is a pic of the first time we walked to the hospital's nursery to get OUR daughter.


I am in awe of God's plan. I am in awe of Megan's strength and selflessness. I am in awe that this adoption, as perfect as it was, is just a faint glimmer of our adoption as God's children. "For He chose us in Him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will."- Eph. 1:4-5 "How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called the children of God! And that is what we are." -1 John 3:1
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Hey, I can really relate to your adoption post and all of the happiness and tears that go along with the process. Our baby girl just turned one and we are not in contact with the birthmother and this makes me sad. We had some contact for the first few months of the baby's life then nothing after that. I pray for her daily.
    I can never even begin to know the emotions that she is going through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tear up and get goose bumps everytime I read about how God worked this all out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Babies are so awesome! Caroline is a perfect fit for you and Marc. Keep enjoying every minute!

    Vincent and Caroline seem like they would get along really well. : )

    ReplyDelete