There's a fun little game going around on Facebook where you post 25 random facts about yourself for people to see. I (Amy) wasn't going to do this little exercise until my sister called me up & told me how much thought she'd been putting into it. And she was right-- it's not as easy as you'd think to come up with 25 things about yourself like this, plus it was a good tool to do some reflecting along the way. And now that my family is doing this on THEIR blogs, I thought I'd follow suit. So here's the list I posted on facebook, with a few minor changes...
1. I'm probably the only person in the world who doesn't like ketchup on my fries. (wierd, right? give me ranch dressing instead!)
2. The older I get, the more of a "homebody" I'm becoming.
3. I don't like wearing shorts, swimsuits, or short dresses because I have a very unusual birthmark that goes all the way down the back of my leg that I am pretty self-conscious about.
4. God used the crap and pain of infertility to bring about the most amazing story of my life: adopting our sweet Caroline.
5. I talk to my sister in Chicago at least twice a day. She's my best friend and we can practically finish each other's sentences.
6. I wouldn't be who I am without my husband, Marc. I love him so much. He has taught me so much about the Lord, about loving people, about the depth and realities of sin, and about forgiveness and grace. I can't think of two people who are completely opposite in our personalities :) but completely unified on how we view everything else in life.
7. I LOVE pizza and Dr. Pepper, and I eat Life cereal almost every morning for breakfast. (like, since I was a kid-- strange, I know.)
8. I love to blog, but I don't want it to define me.
9. I'm a musician by trade, but I don't want it to define me either.
10. My favorite quality in people is when they are honest about their struggles.
11. I bite my nails and I seriously need to stop.
12. I'm getting used to the idea that I'm a Virginian now. :)
13. However, I miss the yummy mexican food in Texas!!
14. I'm not a huge fan of cooking. If given the choice, I'd probably go out to eat 8 out of 10 times. :)
15. Shopping and materialism is beginning to repulse me. I start thinking of all the kids growing up in other countries that don't even have clean water to drink, so why do I really think I need a new _____?
16. If I ever went back to school again, I'd either be a licensed counselor, an interior decorator, or a post office worker. (I don't know why, but the idea of sorting mail was always appealing to the way my brain thinks, but then I found out they've got machines for that now, so I suppose I can take it off the list.)
17. I never crave fruit. I eat it because I have to. :)
18. Hearing Caroline laugh is the highlight of my day.
19. I want the Gospel & scripture to daily transform my heart and the hearts of those around me.
20. My family & spending time with my family is the most important thing to me. I would rather live with less than to lose time with my family because of some job.
21. I love RUF & love working with college students through that ministry. I also love it that my husband can be around the house more in the summer & holidays.
22. I'm not the kind of person who likes to have alot of friends, but a few REALLY good ones.
23. I wish I was more disciplined in so many areas of my life. (don't we all?)
24. I pray that in God's timing, we'd be able to adopt again. I'd love for Caroline to experience the same kind of relationship that I have with my siblings as she grows up.
25. I used to think that "coma" was "acoma" because everyone always said, "He went into acoma." ha! :)