Sunday, June 28, 2015

the boy needs his mama...

It's always pretty cool to see something you've envisioned actually come to LIFE!

My sweet friend and I collaborated together to put together a 3-day children's backyard bible club for our small church this year.  We kept it small, simple, and easy using free curriculum online based off of the  "Jesus Storybook Bible" (by the way, best book EVER, for kids or for grown ups.  Trust me when I say you need this book!!)  We centered the theme around God's "never stopping, never giving up, unbreaking, always and forever LOVE."  (that's the phrase often repeated throughout the children's bible that's printed on our t-shirts)

It was a great three days.  Our youth volunteered to help out with the kids as they did crafts, learned Bible stories, played games, sang songs, and worked on a memory verse.
 I was in charge of the music time each day (you can see how well my kid is listening from this picture..oh Jameson), and we had a good time with all the old, cheesy VBS favorites like "The B-I-B-L-E," "I'm in the Lord's Army," "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands," "Father Abraham," and "Our God is So Big."  

(If you grew up in any kind of evangelical church, you've likely been exposed to the silliness of these kids' songs at some point...and if not, it's really okay.  Consider yourself more normal that way, ha!)

I talked to the kids about how God has given each of them a voice to sing Him praise.

But the real hit was the day I showed them my violin and how it's played.  They couldn't believe the bow hair came from horse tails!
 Jameson was so cute during prayer time, squinting his eyes and folding his little hands.
Caroline had a blast with the gals.
I'm pretty proud of our little church for our first attempt at this ever!!  It was so fun to invest in the lives of the kids this way.

This Sunday morning at church the kids sang our theme song of the week, and of course, when it was time to stand up and sing, my kid's gonna have the toddler meltdown if he's not positioned in my lap to do it. (Murphy's Law)  So suddenly,  you'll see that I, TOO, became a part of the performance, ha!

What can I say?  The boy needs his mama.
(And listen to him sing!)


No comments:

Post a Comment