Tuesday, February 23, 2010

a birthmommy's love...


Birthmommy Megan, we were SO excited to get your birthday packages in the mail yesterday!


And good grief! You and Grandma B. totally went overboard! There is NO doubt that this gal is loved.


When I saw Abby, I blurted out loud, "Abby's Flying Fairy School!" (those of you who know Sesame Street know what that means) :)


Mommy Megan, I'm LOVING being a ballerina! I like to put on my new tutu and spin around! Thank you and Grandma B. so much for everything. We love you.

From Mommy: Megan, it has been SO good to catch up with you again over the past few days. It is so wonderful in adoption to have another "mom" out there that loves my daughter and is grieving as well through this whole ordeal. I know it must be hard sometimes to only see the still images on this blog, especially when they only seem to worsen and worsen as each hair or eyelash falls out. You (and most others who read this blog) don't get to see all the hilarious things Caroline says and does on a daily basis. It's all the new, amazing things she's doing and saying that make you notice the hair less and less the more and more you're around her. As you said the other night, she is TRULY beautiful.

I love how you admitted that you are putting blame on yourself for somehow "giving" this to her because I struggle with feeling the exact same way! Somehow I'll start to think, "What have I done to her??? What did I do wrong?" Aren't we nuts?? ha! :) I know you struggle with guilt over this, and maybe you feel like you somehow gave me a "faulty" child. But I want you to know deep in your heart that you gave us the GREATEST child we could have ever asked for. Oh, Caroline is a dream come TRUE!, and you placing her in our family was the greatest thing that has ever happened to us. Almost every night when we pray, we thank God for His plan in adopting her into our family. Our love for her (whether she goes bald or not!) is just as strong (if not stronger) than if she had come out of my tummy.

I know our hearts break together over this, and it's just nice to have someone else out there who truly understands when it's your child. We really appreciate how supportive of us you are and how you show you have complete confidence in us. (although we tried to tell you we were cursed!! ha ha!!) You probably already know this and I probably don't even have to say it, but I am a fighter & we're gonna get this girl the best help we can find!

Thank you (and your mom!) for sending all the great clothes and gifts our way. I know that right now Caroline doesn't really understand how awesome that is, but it won't be long before she'll be able to look back and see just how stinkin' loved she has always been from the very beginning!

What a special girl she is. And what a special gal YOU are to US!

We love you!
Amy
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. As a member in good standing of the Guilty Mother Syndrome Club, I will not vote for either Megan or Amy to be allowed to join. It's no one's fault. But it's great that you girls are in touch in case they need more medical history. Someone asked me if baldness ran in the birth family. I told them that I knew her birth great-grandfather and he is bald, so does that count???
    Love to Megan and Braden!
    Caroline's Mamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan,

    We think you are the most selfless person we know. We look forward to meeting you sometime in the future. Caroline is such a darling little girl, and noone is to "blame" for what is going on in her life now. The Lord is in control and things will work out for Caroline's good and for His glory.

    Thank you for all you do.


    From Caroline's Nanny & Papa, whom you haven't met. We pray for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy and Megan,
    Praying for comfort and peace for you both. And as an adoptive mom, I'm so glad that Caroline has the privilege of knowing that 2 moms love her so fiercely! It's that kind of love that I long for Spencer to know too. And Megan, I doubt you have doubts, but just in case you do...I know from experience that if there's anyone that a parent could love as much as their child, it's their child's birthmom. I love our Megan and like Amy, have prayed huge blessings over her life and given thanks for her indescribable love and sacrifice! Hugs to both of you and great big one for Caroline!!!

    ReplyDelete