Monday, October 13, 2008

during gotcha...


When we got into the courtroom, I became SUPER serious. Even Judge Underwood was smiling at me, but would you believe I never cracked a single smile!?! (maybe I'm meant to be a lawyer myself! ha!)


Daddy swearing in... then Jeff, our lawyer, asked him several easy questions about the nature of the adoption (when & where I was born, who the adoption agency was, etc.) while the judge looked through our file. We also legally requested that my name officially become Caroline Elizabeth Corbett. (that's when Mommy & Daddy teared up) After the questions (which probably took less than 5 minutes), the judge looked up and said something like, "I grant this adoption! Congratulations!"


Yay! I'm officially a Corbett! They got'me! :)


Jeff, we are endeared to you for your services to me and our family! What a privilege it was to have our friend to share such a special occasion!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. Oh Ames! I have tears running down my face as I read this...I am so thrilled for all of you. What a blessing from God! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't stop the tears! God knows so much better than we do, doesn't He?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful day! We're thrilled of course and so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No smiles from Caroline! Maybe she saw the seriousness of this occasion. We praise God from whom all blessings flow.

    We love you all,

    Nanny & Papa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! This brings back memories. This is also where we finalized our adoption. What a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! What a blessing of a post! May our Lord continue to bless and keep ya'll. He is so good! :)

    ReplyDelete