Tuesday, March 4, 2008

update on megan...


Many of you have asked how Megan is doing, so I thought it was time to give a quick update. Since she & I talk almost everyday on the phone, I'm gonna do my best to relay what I hear her saying. (but Megan, forgive me if I'm way off or feel free to add any additional comments...)

Physically, Megan is slowly healing from the Bells Palsy we told you about in an earlier post. She is gradually getting "tingly" feelings in the paralyzed side of her face, which means the feeling is coming back. She was able to close her eye for the first time the other day. Yea!! (it's the little things that you take for granted, huh?)

Emotionally, Megan has told me that she is doing alot better than she thought she would be at this point. And sometimes she feels a little guilty that she is doing relatively okay, but we are praising God for giving her exactly what we had prayed for: peace and comfort. Obviously, she misses her baby ALOT and still has times of breaking down, (who wouldn't?!?) but I think it helps her to know that she is welcome to call us at any time and say, "What's she doing right now?" We are also trying to keep her stocked up with photos & this blog so that she doesn't feel like she has to lose touch on what's going on. Another thing we're all excited about is that Caroline will be baptized at our church on Sunday morning, April 27th, (Marc will be preaching a sermon on adoption and then baptizing her!) and we have invited Megan to come! She tells us she's counting down the days.... :) That will be such a sweet time for us to all be together again & a wonderful thing for Caroline in the future when she is looking at pictures, etc....

Megan and I know that not every open adoption is THIS open and THIS wonderful, but we just thank God for what He has done and what He is still doing. Because everything HAS gone so well, the 3 of us believe it is just proof that it was God's plan all along.

"Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you. Before you were born, I set you apart..." Jer. 1:5
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment